It’s hot and humid here is Brisbane today. Slothing on the couch, under the fan is the best I choose to do. Well, that’s not entirely true. I have fed, clothed and played with the two smaller Harvey Clowns all morning. And I have given the washing machine a work out. It’s just that once it gets to about 11am, we at the Harvey Circus go on Middle of The Day Strike.
And I like it.
I encourage it.
These Clowns of ours wake up at the literal crack of dawn and are go-go-go all of the AM, until they start to crash with the spike in temperature, just before their lunch time (which is extremely early by any normal persons standards). These kids are usually lunched up and in bed by 11:30am. Works well for me. They are resting in the cool of their rooms while outside, you could fry and egg on the trampoline mat. I’m not kidding. If I didn’t see the mess potential in it, I’d probably give that a go too. But I don’t need to create any more mess to clean up!
Anyway, while the small people are napping, you will find me on hold to whom ever it is I need to call while
there is no screaming child in my ear it’s quiet, or on the ‘net, or catching up on recorded TV shows that Marc doesn’t really get excited about, reading a real book, or on the ‘net, or folding washing without Ella yelling out who owns every single item as it comes out of the washing basket, or eating lunch without ‘help’, or most likely on the ‘net… You get my drift.
Uninterrupted Internet Time is priceless!
So here are a few gems I’ve found or read lately in my Uninterrupted Internet Time. Some I’m just linking up here for my later reference. For when it’s that time of the night when I have completely lost all my marbles and can’t remember for the life of me what it was I was supposed to have book marked at 7am that morning… You know that time, after dinner and kid bedtime, yeah?! Enjoy!
- Checknsave – compares all the supermarket prices… Saves me forgetting which specials are from which store – I’m terrible with this!
- I will be replacing my first-thing-I-do-when-I-wake-up tall glass of water with lemon and water from tomorrow.
- Planning on making these over the weekend or next.
So cute! So easy! And anything from the Taste web site is usually fool-proof too.
- Daisy Roo & Two is a new fave blog of mine to read. Go and have a look around her lovely blog!
- Need help adding or creating to your kids routine? This article from Kid Spot might give you a few pointers.
- Thinking about trying out this calendar app for my trusty
extension of meiPhone.
- This is my favourite blog post of the moment. From Bianca over at bigwords. I posted it on Facebook too. Just to share it around to all those that just, well, get it.
There you go, some stuff I’ve been looking at and reading about lately. Just in case you were interested, or at a loss for something new to look at. Happy reading!